Do you wonder whether you need a coach?
Will a coach help you? How?
When you’ve hit a roadblock in your career, can coaching benefit you? Yes, definitely.
Are you at a crossroads in your design career?
Is this you?
- “I don’t know whether I should stay or make a job change. I feel frustrated and confused.”
- “I feel unfulfilled with my work. I want to do something else but I have no idea what.”
- “I’m leaving my job and need to revise my resume and portfolio. I’m overwhelmed!”
- “I have an idea what to do but I don’t know how to do it.”
I know how you feel.
Years ago, I felt the same way. What made a difference? Asking for help!
You don’t have to figure it out alone.Â When you’re at a crossroads in your career it’s the perfect time to work with a coach. A coach can help you find the clarity you need to move forward.
Here are the questions to ask yourself first:
- Why are you interested in coaching?
- What do you want to accomplish working with a coach?
Coaching is a good fit for you if you’re willing to see new perspectives and youâ€™re ready to gain new insights.
Coaching is not a good fit if you’re not committed, or if you’re not ready to invest in your future. Coaching is an investment in yourself and is well worth it!
Benefits of working with a coach
- Feel less frustrated, confused and overwhelmed by getting less stuck.
- Gain awareness and an understanding of yourself.
- Uncover the thoughts and feelings getting in your way.
- Develop new perspectives and insights to produce different results.
- Create a plan for your goal with a focus on overcoming obstacles.
- Learn tools and strategies to propel you towards your goal.
- Step by step, a coach will guide you to finding your way.
When I worked with a coach years ago, I found it very helpful to work with one who was a designer and understood the designer’s mindset and being a creative. Working with a coach who is a designer is a plus.Â I get it because I’m a designer too!
Ready to get started?Â
Does this sound like the kind of coaching program you’re looking for?Â Schedule a mini session with me to talk it over. We can figure out if it’s a good fit.
Steps in my coaching program
My coaching sessions are structured yet tailored to your specific needs and include exercises and worksheets, when applicable. Here are some of the basic steps in my coaching program:
1. Where are you now?
2. What do you believe in and see for your future?
3. What do you want?
4. What’s getting in your way?
5. What’s a plan and a process for you to reach it?
We may work on solving issues at your current job first before you choose to leave. Liking your reasons for leaving is key so you don’t move away from your job without resolving issues first.
How coaching works
- Coaching is a place where you can talk about what’s on your mind and, in return, receive an honest perspective.
- As your coach, I give perspective and new insights, you know whatâ€™s best for you but I help guide you there.
- Your current thinking is what creates your current situation, so we begin there. We start with answering the question “What are you thinking now?”
The problem with most coaching is that it focuses solely on changing your actions. When you change your actions but don’t change the thoughts and feelings behind those actions, there’s resistance, and that makes it difficult, if not impossible, to make real change.
That’s what happens when the symptom of a problem is treated instead of the root cause. We will work together on solving any problem or obstacle instead of only fixing the symptom temporarily.
Ready to invest in yourself and your future?
I’m happy to discuss how you can benefit from coaching.Â Schedule a mini session with me to talk over how it works.
You can have whatever you want for yourself!